Early Mornings, A Forgotten Era

Early Mornings, a forgotten era...

It's been a while since I have been like this, a late sleeper. Each time the oath to wake up early and practise healthy habits has made me fall flat on my face and tummy. Needless to say I do remember few nights where I had hardly slept because of an overdose of coffee and I saw the beauty and peaceful early mornings.


In a city it's different, you can hear the world screaming out of bed to rush to their usual livelihood but my recent holiday in Gangtok was breathtaking.





Her love for trees I see now has faded with time and health problems but this garden to me is a reminder of my mother's crusade of making us eat organic home grown food when I was growing up in the late 1980's, it comes from time to time when I see Bringal, spinach, tulsi, tomatoes, chillies, papaya, mangoes,etc being laid out at the table with pride thus rekindling the love for it. Botany too is an art which gives a nature lover more perspective about his/her surroundings. Lately my fondness for this little paradise has grown cause of the city life that often makes my insides burn and feel empty.


Now I am going tree crazy thus using it in my art installations, in my windows and doors and asking my friends to plant tress in their home and office space in plastic or any thrown away non degradable materials to recycle stuff. I am a complete recycle freak cause I never throw anything. If I look at my carbon footprint it would be huge with the daily consumation of electricity, transport, food, cooking gas, electronics, etc taking these small steps makes me feelore responsible towards my environment.
With the growing heat and pollution non of us I see making sure it's doesn't increase.


My early morning journey Day 1 has started. I want to make it a continous habit so that I can get a hold of my health and my peace of mind. I know some of you are early risers and infact I would love to interact with you and share se knowledge and tips on exercise. Today ill be doing yoga and cardio and giving up on cakes and chocolates. I just can't live without food so best thing is to do more phisical exercise. Let's hope I can reach my goal of healthy lifestyle and I am not doing this cause I feel that I am overweight or underweight, I want to feel fit cause I can't run 100 meters also now without letting my heart explode and my breath dizzy.

City life has really made us lazy and out of shape. Some fault is ours also cause we tend to get carried away and eat all sorts of junks and oilly stuff. Moreover the hazardous environment is making me more weak and prone to non curable disease like sinus and dust allergy.
I recently read an article where a man had single handedly educated the city people in Bangalore I guess about rain water harvesting and plantation of trees in every house thus changing the cities pollution and water problems. Wouldn't it be wonderful is we could build a community and plant tress to solve our problem and make kolkata more healthy. Will keep you updated about my journey till then keep running towards life.
Love
Sufi
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nameless Artist

Shadi ka season.........