How I survive the Creative Void? The suffocation of the emptiness -Sufia Khatoon


How I survive the Creative Void? The suffocation of the emptiness -Sufia Khatoon


 Today was another day where I managed to wake up early to prepare for my upcoming events and performances this month. For my friends here, life has changed drastically I now work as a professional Artist, I teach Art and Creative writing to students, I am an Art Curator and I am a PR and Event Manager. I am deeply involved in social work mostly philanthropic initiatives and poetry. It has become the center of my life. If I look 5 years back, I was another 'me' in another time looking for myself, exploring my strengths and it took me almost half of my life to actually understand what I like to do? What are my talents and how I should work with them to improve things around me? How I have to be stubborn to continue?

Beyond everything I have learned, I have realized the importance of simplicity, honesty and dedication to work. Define happiness? I am content with my choice of working as an independent creative individual.



So I pushed myself to work through things today and in between I painted for my upcoming painting exhibit. What's worse I got hit while I was painting by this sudden feeling that I am falling in a deep pit, this place is twisty,uncomfortable and beyond my control.

I feel like my entire mind and body is in the control of a foreign entity and I am unable to function or decide. I feel this sudden urge to break or tear something apart. I feel suffocated and I want to get out of my room. This room which has seen the peak of my creativity becomes the very place of my creative void. I guess I can call it a downward phase where all creativity are consumed by the empty darkness.

This I have realized is a part of a creativity at large, it's sort of a package deal where you explore and build your talents and then waste away in sulky lacuna.

Does this thing have a warning sign? Any idea why it triggers in us and why it cause so much pain? Why we become passive?
Maybe to only balance the flow of creative vision.

 We become distracted almost by the cyclonic events around us. We are bombarded with information thus creating that anguish and anger in us.

Our sensitivity gives us that magic touch to create things. Now 5am in the morning I somehow have structured the painting and the after effects have kept me awake like an owl in the night. I haven't slept for like 24 hours and I am still working on how to survive the Creative Void. Hoping the next time it hits, I'll be able to pass it with another creation. Till then do share some suggestions on how to deal with this menacing mood swings- this is the tragedy of an artistic life.

P.S: Listening to Music helped for a while, any other suggestions would be helpful friends
Keep smiling
Keep traveling like a Sufi
Plz.follow me and leave your feedbacks, I would love to discuss about this topic. I am hardly writing here because it takes time to get you all to read things and respond but I'll keep writing. It's a cathartic experience for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nameless Artist