Old Not so haunted Mansion's.......


Old not so Haunted Mansion's...My first encounter




Old mansions has always been the core of many a haunted tale as its mysterious deaths, blood and gore intrigues us.What really draws me to old mansions is its stillness, its silence and its loneliness.


It is like any human being lost and forgotten in its withered state. But There are things which really makes me feel connected to myself. I wonder about things not know to me ever, but it just appears in unaccustomed hours to me and reveals a buried philosophy. This Mansion I happened to stumble across in my habit of walking for lengthy hours on the streets of Kolkata to see world beyond the conventional visions. Every time I have ventured to discover something new, the roads have never disappointed me.Sometimes I like to walk without knowing my journey, it makes me feel the journey better.

                     
This Mansion happens to be located at the back side of elgin road behind brand factor, I had seen it first during my college days, it had as I said called to me so many times but I was a little hesitant to get to know about it what if ghosts be after me out of curiosity. But none the less after so many years I got to see it again and then I went to find about it more.

Some said it was haunted thinking I was a reporter looking out for a masala story. If one leaves a house like this it had to be haunted, it reclaims its lost glory again and nature adds to its glory.
Its caretaker, a bihary residing there for more than 60 years with his family and taking care of what is lefts of the beautiful mansion
Its a 100 years old house crumbling down cause of property dispute among siblings, it belonged to zamidars family many years back and it is not so haunted old house.



Its an example of a dream forgotten in the dust of time.

Even though I would say that I expected a more chilling history to this crumbled art but it was but normal like me yet it held its mysteries. Often in so many of my poems I have mentioned of ruins, mansions and castles, that era of classical age where these homes held a greater part of history, I felt myself most inspired in such imaginary encounters. This was in fact a real such encounter. My feet then carried me inside the ruins, it was the oddest thing I have ever seen yet it has harmony, it was quite. It then transformed, I could imagine it when it was buzzing with life and colours. The red brick mansion composition is the mark of Bengali babu's style during those days.

The entrance gate opens up arched pillars connecting various rooms to it. wooden slanted windows gave it the appearance of eyes looking through the darkness, most part of it is eaten up by time and banyan branches have consumed its heart. The backside gave away to the dream, tall grasses, a spooky 200 year old banyan tree welcomed the unknown stranger on its land.
Wishing that the owners got sense in them and restored this glorious home back, I bid it goodbye to return to it my imaginations and restore it in my stories.

My search of theses abandoned homes have begun.
What is your story? Do tell me if you have encountered any other houses like this.

Love
Sufia











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nameless Artist

Shadi ka season.........