The Tale of Romeo and Juliet.......Nature's play



The Tale of Romeo and Juliet
_ A Nature's Play...



(Juliet pondering over things on the porch opposite my window)

Nature is beyond our understanding and reach, If we open our hearts to her she never lets us lose our way. I feel deeply connected to her in search for life, something worth discovering. The humming of pigeons early morning outside my window,  my Terrace garden welcoming migratory birds now and then, evening winds, butterflies, spiders spinning web often in corners, sparrow hatchlings waiting to be feed in the nest in my old bag hanging out in the balcony, flowers old and new blooming everyday. All these I get to see often as Nature even if I am residing in concrete walls , finds a way to inspire me and make me feel good about this beautiful life. Nature is like Divinity, once your heart let's it guide your life, it yields you a peaceful existence.

(Romeo gears up to begin a new morning)

I share with you today the story of a family of pigeons who have been my neighbours for the past one year.I am trying to build good relationship with them unlike nosy human neighbours who try everything to make your day unpleasant.

The pigeons usual hangout
But my pigeons are absolute sweethearts, they are a bit shy seeing me constantly staring at them. It is unlike any human to pay so much attention to their whereabouts but I am not the only one. I see so many people having a liking for wild pigeons, they are beautiful creatures with wings. I remember a couple of years back my uncle had found a baby chick from one of our main building concrete wall holes and brought it home, the same place where Romeo and Juliet reside now. We had kept it in our open big wooden cage that uncle had build to keep mom's 20 chickens. We were hoping the parents would follow and come to reside there. And the same thing happened, I was like on cloud nine. Soon their was more than 15 pigeons birthed by the pair but they later flew away. Mom said it was because of rats eating their young ones or maybe we had a bad time coming our way. It's still believed in this part of the world that pigeons leave their masters if he is going to fall in troubled times as they can predict or foresee future. So this present generation are the same pigeons who left our cage as they come every summer to live beside our window walls. I feel I have some deep connection with them.

Now the tale, how did I name them Romeo and Juliet? Simple, I had seen one fine day Juliet trying to break twigs to build her nest, Romeo was sitting on the upper porch speculating about things and guarding his family. They weren't talking today as I had always seen them grooming and pestering each other lovingly. The entire day she kept on trying to please him with her tactics. Sometimes she would buzz loudly, shake her feathers, bring food for him, dance a bit. She kept wooing and he kept sitting on the upper porch while she was dangling on the lower window concrete.That instant I named them cause it was opposite of what I knew of Romeo and Juliet.

It was Juliet trying to win over Romeo without any egos to come in between them. Eventually he came around and pecked her affectionately.

I usually give them dried cereals to eat but they cant be that easily bribed, lets hope I can make friends with them so they let me look at them longer.

What I also noticed it that they usually beat their young ones away so that they learn to survive on their own, I wish my parents were like that, I could have explored the world by now being such a travel freak, but they are over possessed about me and I am stuck here for good I guess. My mornings doesn't start without them and I love reading a good book when they go about themselves in their chirpy tone, its soothing. Once I read out holy verses to them, I was amazed to see them sitting without budging for half an hour, maybe they were listening maybe not but animals do have a deeper connection with God rather than us, we are too spoiled and too busy. The tale of Romeo and Juliet is indeed a Nature's amazing play that I love to see again and again and learn from it.
Hope you are weaving your own tale with Nature:)


I was lucky as they were in good mood otherwise taking their pics is very tricky;)
Love
Sufia

Comments

  1. You are multi-talented Sufia and prolific. Keep going. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nameless Artist

Shadi ka season.........