When It Rains..................

When it Rains......







We have sultry days very often but when the cold dusty wind knocks at our doors we revive and for a second live maybe. Calcutta looks beautiful when it rains.....the earth smells fresh, the dark blanket whirls around like a dancing peacock. Suddenly the same old things look new and beautiful. The windows of the sun soaked homes breaks open as the liquid air dances and tantalizes and the eyes watch out for moments. The Roads become a reflecting water mirror capturing the rushes of life...

Here and there little boats sail ahead with innocent dreams. Laughter echoing around, calling us to some enchanted world. That sound of wind chimps singing the charming sounds, round and round it goes welcoming the rain. , Rains...drop of nature, a gift to revive our barren souls...and the soul rushes to create beautiful memories to be remembered, to be relived with.

Why hide under umbrellas? I see lovers walking through the puddle, smiling, whispering....a chance to show, to feel loves touch..to believe in its magic.....and the eyes watch from the windows...all dreamy.....watching the dancing rain.....

I love when it rains...the lakes when it shivers, the warm tea, the hot gulabjamuns, lanes, by lanes...
.what I miss the most at these moments is my camera....hope it becomes water friendly soon..so I could post thousands of wonderful pictures...

I was wondering on the streets the whole time, soaked and satisfied...flip flops in my hands watching the trees, the birds really sing out loud telling the world about their existence. I love the lake area in Calcutta because of this....its serenity, its reviving charms....its difficult to feel like this in a city haunted by traffic noises....the rat race, the crowds,  and the sun.

The fun part...I was transported to this mystical world immediately....feeling like the lost princess in the woods waiting for her knight on the white unicorn...yes I feel too connected to unicorns...so back to the trances..I see he comes and asks me where I wanted to go and I shout at him for doing so...and when the mist subsided...I saw an old man on a bicycle offering me a lift while calling out names to me....well the perverts that often we women see....he did have a rough time and I laughed my heart out...dreams and reality are so different right....

But what is most satisfying about rains....water...it just purifies us....washes away burdens, darkness, sadness, disappointments and makes us new again....filling us with optimism...that life is beautiful, we are happy to start all over again and look for a new dream:)

What you think about the rains...your city...?

Love.....
Sufia

P.S....sing it loud cause we live only once

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nameless Artist

Shadi ka season.........